HOW TO DRIVE A MOTORBIKE SAFELY IN VIETNAM
Vietnam is a country of breathtaking scenery, rich culture, and delicious cuisine. One of the best ways to experience all of these is on the back of a motorbike. However, riding a motorbike in Vietnam might seem daunting (You see people riding on the wrong side of the road; you see motorbikes driving on the sidewalks and you see riders who don't care about traffic lights. You also find yourself freaking out when walking across the street since no motorbike looks like it will stop to let you through...), especially if you're not accustomed to the traffic and road conditions.
However, here are some tips to help you drive a motorbike in Vietnam safely and have exciting experiences !
1. Obtain an International Driving License: If you plan to rent a motorbike, it's essential to have an international driving license. This document will help you avoid legal issues and give you peace of mind when exploring the country.
2. Always wear a helmet: Wearing a helmet is mandatory in Vietnam. It's most important thing to wear one for safety reasons.
3. Keep calm and stay alert: Be aware of your surroundings and keep calm on the road. Vietnam's roads can be quite different from what you're used to, so stay focused and avoid any distractions.
4. Use hand signals and horns: Honk your horn whenever you want to pass by someone or just to let them know “Hey, I’m here!”, “ i am behind you”. Especially at turns or on winding roads, you should still honk the horn to announce again that “i’m here”.
Use turn signals more than use of horn and pay attention to turn signals of the other vehicles. Whenever you want to divert, whether you want to make a turn or switch, all should turn on the turn signals. This is very little in Vietnam but important in driving. Turn on the turn signals help the vehicels in the back know where you want to go, which gives the best handling, both for them and for you.
5. Traffic Light: If you run through the junction with the green light for several seconds, then do not rush, slow down a bit and roll your eyes to see if anyone intends to cross the red lights. Join the traffic in Vietnam, do not over-trust the rules because not everyone will follow.
In case you come to the junction when the lights are moving gold, still observe the two sides if nothing runs through because there are many red lights to 5 or even 10 seconds have run.
6. Crossing the street
Please locate where you want to go. When running close to a few hundred meters, turn on the left turn signals, look at the rearview mirror and turn slowly from left to right across the line. You keep running but at a slow speed and see the opposite direction if there are vehicles. When you have seen a little bit and other traffic is still a relatively distance, you boldly cross the road.
7. Speeding: The average speed limit is around 25-60km/h, try to stay within it. There will often be pot holes, animals to avoid, oil spills from trucks, dirt roads and debris on the road, so you need to be in control at all times. Use your common sense, know your limits, and don’t end up another statistic for the sake of an adrenaline rush.
8. Choose the right bike: Getting the proper size of the motorbike is critical for ease of use and comfortability.
9. Learn from a local: Learning from a local who knows the roads can be valuable. You can join a motorbike tour with a reputable company such as Vietnam Easy Riders Group to ensure that you have an experienced guide who can help you learn more about driving in Vietnam.
Vietnam Easy Riders Group is a motorbike tour company in Vietnam, and we cater to riders of all skill levels. Our tours are designed to give you an authentic experience of Vietnam, making your trip nothing short of extraordinary.
Our professional guides will assist you throughout your journey, taking care of everything from planning your route to providing excellent services. We'll take you to the most beautiful and fascinating places in Vietnam, visiting popular tourist destinations and off-the-beaten-path sites.
With Vietnam Easy Riders Group, you can relax and enjoy the ride, knowing that you're in the safe hands of licensed and professional guides who have years of experience.
Don't let inexperience stop you from exploring Vietnam on two wheels. Book a tour with Vietnam Easy Riders Group today, and let us make your dream trip an unforgettable reality.
Contact us at:
Hotline/WhatsApp: + 84 989 253 394
Contact us at:
Hotline/WhatsApp: + 84 989 253 394
CÁC TIN, BÀI KHÁC :
- HOI AN, VIETNAM - TOP THINGS TO DO IN 2023(09/05/2023 15:42:07)
- TOP ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO IN MUINE IN 2023(02/05/2023 10:53:02)
- Experience to travel to Muine, Vietnam(02/05/2023 10:06:52)
- TOP THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN VIETNAM IN 2023(25/04/2023 13:35:30)
- WHAT TO BRING FOR A MOTORCYCLE TOUR IN VIETNAM(24/04/2023 7:57:14)
- TIPS TO PLAN AN AMAZING MOTORBIKE TOUR IN VIETNAM(24/04/2023 7:42:18)
- BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN VIETNAM(08/12/2019 17:52:03)
- Tam Giang Lagoon in Hue Vietnam(17/10/2019 16:23:42)
- EXPERIENCE TO TRAVEL TO MU CANG CHAI- THE MOST STUNNING TERRACE RICE FIELDS(13/10/2019 13:40:10)
- My Son Sanctuary - UNESCO World Heritage Site near Hoi An(14/08/2019 10:56:29)